Herter Brothers was the preeminent New York City cabinetmaking firm from the 1860s through the 1880s. Notable clients included the White House, William H. Vanderbilt, Jay Gould, and J. Pierpont Morgan.
This chair may have been made for the LeGrand Lockwood mansion in Norwalk, Connecticut, built and decorated between 1867 and 1869. The marquetry plaque in the carved crest, depicting horns and pipes, alludes to the chair’s intended use in the music room.
Collection: Metropolitan Museum of Art
Made from 100% organic ring-spun cotton, this unisex t-shirt is a total must-have. It's high-quality, super comfy, and best of all—eco-friendly.
• 100% organic ring-spun cotton
• Fabric weight: 5.3 oz/yd² (180 g/m²)
• Single jersey
• Medium fit
• Set-in sleeves
• 1 × 1 rib at collar
• Wide double-needle topstitch on the sleeves and bottom hems
• Self-fabric neck tape (inside, back of the neck)
• Blank product sourced from China or Bangladesh
The sizes correspond to a smaller size in the US market, so US customers should order a size up.